Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bleach the stars!


A DIY all stars sneakers transformation you will love! 



This was my old favorite pair of All Stars in classic black color. Through the years they started to get that vintage look…but I wanted more. More fashion, more color, more sparkle…So I decided to "play" with some studs, bleach detergent and color…

So girls, instead of looking at the stars…you can make them rock and bleached!


Photo 1
This was the initial look of my shoes...

Photo 2
I bought some studs from my local H&M store but you can find them also online.



Photo 3
You will need a bleach detergent, an old paint brush and some colors. I used acrylic paint colors.

Photo 4

With my paintbrush I made random strokes on the shoes with the bleach detergent.



Photo 5

To get faster results I used a hairdryer for 2 minutes and the change of fabric color started to appear.



Photo 6 - 7
It is really easy to place the studs. You will need a pliar to secure the back sharp angle. It takes only one minute.

Photo 8

Tap the paint and make some paint splashes. I chose a bright blue colour but you can choose the one you prefer.


Photo 9

The final result!! I love the combination of the rock chic and militaire look! So grab your old All Stars and transform them into unique handmade shoes!


Good luck!

xxx
MikaLina



5 comments:

  1. τους άλλαξες....τα φώτα. είναι πολύ ωραία

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Χαίρομαι που σου άρεσαν!

      Delete
  2. Wow I like it!!! would you like to follow each other?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcela! Thanks for your visit!
      I check your blog a few minutes ago! Now, I am your follower!

      Delete
    2. I follow you with GFC and Bloglovin!
      Have a good week! and my like in bloglovin for you too!!!:)))

      Delete